ADA and FMLA can be some of the peskier acronyms for employers trying to avoid litigation exposure.
- International Social Media and Freedom of Expression
- Collateral Estoppel as an Offensive Litigation Tool
- Consumers May 'Unlike' Liking Companies on Facebook
- Civil Penalties Rise on ADA-Noncompliant Facilities
- Make Sure Your Independent Probe Lives Up to Its Name
- Nestlé USA Lobby Effort to Focus on Child Labor
Surveys & Rankings
A quarter century after the first woman was named top lawyer of a Fortune 500 company, there's been plenty of progress. But a stall last year has raised questions about the future.
It's been a long, difficult few years for U.S. corporate legal departments. In the wake of the financial crisis and the Great Recession, many general counsel had to make painful cuts to their ranks and tighten their purse strings. But that might just be over.